Toughened Glass known as Tempered Glass or Safety Glass.
Clear Glass Solutions are toughened glass suppliers for commercial and domestic purposes. We have a JUMBO toughening furnace with a capability of 12000 * 3000 so can accommodateany glass façade/ canopy requirement. Toughened Glass is one of two kinds of safety glass regularly used in applications in which standard glass could pose a potential danger. Toughened glass is up to four to five times stronger than standard glass and does not break into sharp shards when it fails. Toughened glass is manufactured through a process of extreme heating and rapid cooling, making it harder than normal glass
The nature of toughened glass causes it to shatter into small oval-shaped pebbles when broken. This eliminates the danger of sharp edges. Due to this property, along with its strength, toughened glass is often referred to as safety glass. There are two main types of heat treated glass, heat strengthened and fully tempered. Heat strengthened glass is twice as strong as annealed glass while fully tempered glass is typically four to six times the strength of annealed glass.
Toughened glass must be cut to size or pressed to shape before toughening and cannot be re-worked once toughened. Polishing the edges or drilling holes in the glass is carried out before the toughening process starts.
Clear Glass Solutions have Toughened glass is available as:
- Thickness of 4mm to 25 mm including 4mm,5 , 6 , 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19,22 mm
- Panels sizes up to 12000mm x 3000 mm
- Custom sizes to your specific project requirements
- Holes, cut outs, and raking to your requirements
- Flat double edge polishing, bevel edged
- “J” Curved and cylindrical curved toughened glass are available
- down to radius’s of 1200mm
- Tinting is available in most colors including red, blue, green and
- smoked Grey
- Heat soak tested tempered glass is available and recommended
- on glass thicknesses 15mm and above
Toughened glass has a variety of applications such as balustrades, fencing, shower screens, glass doors, glass curtains, partition walls, office doors and other uses requiring increased safety and strength. Specifiers can nominate Clear Glass Solutions.